Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yomiuri Giants

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Yomiuri Giants
I am trying to find a website (or combination of sites) which shows the track record of the Yomiuri Giants over the last 10 years (i.e., where they finished in the league and any major changes for their popularity). I'm also looking for a site that allows me to easily track how they are doing this season.

Thanks,
Tim
Comments
Re: Yomiuri Giants
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 24, 2005 8:41 AM | YBS Fan ]

To track current teams, Borisov's Pro Yakyu is the best place. You can find current Central League Standings and Pacific League Standings, as well as player stats (to answer this question).

As for how the Giants have done over the past 10 years, I hope to have that information up soon in the teams section of the Pro Yakyu Encyclopedia that we're building (mainly thanks to Eng-san). I'll try to get that information up this week.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: May 25, 2005 12:36 AM ]

For a brief look of how the Giants' W-L record was from 1990-2003, you can check here [Japan Baseball Daily].
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 27, 2005 11:00 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've finished entering the Giants' career win/loss records here.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.