Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Masters League Addresses

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Masters League Addresses
Could someone please post the postal addresses for teams in the Masters League for 2003-04?

Also, is there a list, in English, of some of the star players that currently play in the league?

Scott Boa
Ingersoll, Ontario (Canada)
Comments
Re: Masters League Addresses
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 14, 2003 8:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

That's a tough one. I've done a number of searches in Japanese, and the only Masters League site that is still up is 89master.com [in Japanese only]. Its teams page does not have any addresses for the five teams. Sorry.

Furthermore, looking through the team rosters, they appear to still be the 2002/3 season rosters. I'm not sure when the 2003/4 rosters will be announced.

Wish I had some better news for you. I assume you did see the 2003/4 season Masters League schedule. That's all I've got right now.
Re: Masters League Addresses
[ Author: Guest: null | Posted: Nov 12, 2003 8:08 PM ]

I looked at the rosters of the Masters League teams on the SkyPerfecTV web site and I found it quite interesting.

Orestes Destrade is back for another go around in the ML and two familiar foreigners are back as Carlos Ponce is playing for Hokkaido and Ralph Bryant is playing for someone also.

This league gets absolutely no publicity at all. I don't know which league is the most invisible in Japan - the Masters League, the Japanese Basketball League, or the Japanese Ice Hockey League. The sad part is that all three of these leagues have some great players, both foreign and Japanese, playing in them.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.