Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Shigeo Nagashima Stroke?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Shigeo Nagashima Stroke?
I heard that Yomiuri Giants legend Shigeo Nagashima suffered a stroke in early March. Is this true?

Who will be named as his replacement, to manager the Japanese National Team in Greece next month, should Mr. Nagashima be unable to manage?
Comments
Re: Shigeo Nagashima Stroke?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 29, 2004 1:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

Yes, he had a stroke. I reported on it here back in March. I was surprised that nobody cared to voice any concern for the fallen hero, but then, it's kind of hard to find anything to say in such a situation.

The Japanese Olympic team is still being called "Nagajima Japan" by the press. However, it's my understanding that Nakahata (former Giant and coach under Nagashima's second reign as Giants' manager) will take over as field manager during The Games.

I don't care one way or the other about the Olympics, but am very glad and relieved that Mister has managed what appears to be a full recovery. My vision became quite blurred and I found it hard to concentrate on work the day I read about the stroke.
Re: Shigeo Nagashima Stroke?
[ Author: Guest: scottboa | Posted: Jul 31, 2004 1:59 AM ]

Thanks for they information. Is there an e-mail address where I can wish him a speedy recovery?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.