Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

June Contest: All-Star MVP?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
June Contest: All-Star MVP?
This month's Yakyu Shop contest is to guess the MVPs of the Sanyo All-Star Series on June 22nd and 23rd. I've taken a lot of the suggestions into account from this thread in the hope of making this a more exciting contest for all.

First of all, as always, you must be logged in to play. If you're logged in, please proceed to the June contest page and read the rules thoroughly. I'll explain them briefly below.

First of all, each day until June 21 a difference set of players on the offical ballot will be presented. Designated hitters will be presented for the remainder of this day* (June 5th), a different set of players will be presented on June 6th, and so on. As we get closer to the Series date, combined groups will be presented.

You may enter up to three guesses. If you want to use all three guesses up today, that's fine. But you may not change your votes later. The risk of voting early is that the players you choose may not even be selected for the team, lowering your chance of winning to 0% if none of them are selected. So use each of your three guesses with care.

As mentioned, each day leading to the first All-Star game will present a different set of players. You may only vote for those players on the days that they are presented. For this reason, it's a good idea to check daily for who is available. All of the players still available (i.e. not selected) will be presented over the last three days of entries - but not all on the same day - they're grouped together in three groups over the final three days.

To get an idea of who is available, please see the official Sanyo All-Star Games site and click on "NOMINATED PLAYERS." If a player you would like to select is not listed there, and you feel the chances that he'll be selected are high, you may post your desire to select him here. For example, Yokohama's Kroon is not listed on the official ballot. If you think that a closer might win MVP (possible if he hits 160kph in one of the games), then enter him below as "Marc Kroon (42: BayStars) - Pitcher" with the subject of "Write-in: Kroon." This makes everything clear.

Only logged in write-in votes will be accepted. Write-in votes will also be done on a first-post basis. Write-in votes for players who are listed in the official nominated players pages will not be accepted.

It is hoped that these new rules, while a bit more kibishii than before, help make the contest more challenging and exciting to you all. Gambatte!

* All dates and times are in Japan Standard Time: +09:00.
Comments
Re: June Contest: All-Star MVP?
[ Author: badteacher | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 10:46 PM | CD Fan ]

The All-Star game is in July, isn't it? So this contest goes for a month and a half?
Re: June Contest: All-Star MVP?
[ Author: Jobana | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 11:27 PM ]

Oops! I thought it was the end of this month! Argh!

Yes, this one will last for a month and a half, but now I need to come up with a June contest - quick! Any suggestions?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.