Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Latin Players Stats

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Latin Players Stats
Thank for the great job you made on this site, especially now that official NPB site is only in Japanese.

I'd like to know why the some latins guy have not shown up in the 2004 stats: Ramon Morel (Hanshin), Julio Santana (Yomiuri), and Alex Cabrera (Seibu)? I'd like theses stats.

Thanks for all.

Enrique Rojas-from Dominican Republic

Gracias por el grandioso trabajo que hace en esta p

Comments
Re: Latin Players Stats
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 7, 2004 11:01 PM | YBS Fan ]

Cabrera broke his right forearm back in March and isn't expected to be back until mid-May at the earliest. I still haven't seen anything about his rehabilitation, so I fear that it may be longer. [Link]

For current stats, you need to go to the team stats pages. Morel can be found on the Hanshin stats page, which shows that he's thrown in 4 games so far for 6 1/3rd innings. (That may increase tonight.)

I checked TBS [in Japanese], and Santana hasn't yet pitched at ichi-gun this season.

Wish I had something more to report.
[ Author: Guest: Luis Ra | Posted: May 10, 2004 1:03 PM ]

Alex Cabrera is in rehabilitation after a surgery in Las Bahamas and a treatment in Venezuela.

May I have some information about Omar Linares, the former star of the Cuban team? Is he on the Chunichi top roster or is on the farm team?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 10, 2004 1:18 PM | YBS Fan ]

Thanks for the Cabrera update. I'm sure a lot of people have been wondering how his rehabilitation is going.

As for Linares, I'm not sure if he's on the top or farm roster. I have yet to find a good site that keeps track of roster movements between ichi-gun and ni-gun. I know he was on the top roster at the beginning of April. But looking the Chunich stats, he's only played in 9 games with a 1.74 batting average. It's a good bet that he'd been dropped to the farm for a while.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.