Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Updated Eng database?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Updated Eng database?
The Eng database here on JapaneseBaseball.com is excellent, as it has an amazing amount of statistics. However, it is missing a fair number of statistics from the inception of the league until about 1990.

I noticed in an older post that Eng-san put up a Google doc with stats from 1936 that is much more complete when compared to statistics for 1936 in the Eng database here.

I was wondering if there was an updated historical Japanese database, either posted here or elsewhere, that is more complete. I did notice that many of the stats missing in the Eng database are posted in the Data Warehouse at japanbaseballdaily.com. However, it's not in spreadsheet or database format, making it very difficult to do any kind of statistical analysis or data manipulation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Comments
Re: Updated Eng Database?
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Jul 8, 2008 8:54 PM ]

Go to Japan Baseball Daily.com

I have all the retired player stats 1936-2008 and team stats from 1936-1956, 1996-2007 and those in the early or middle 1960's as well. I am currently working on the team stats for 1957 and 1995, which will be finished around July 15.

I am also in the process of expanding the individual pitching stats, which I hope to finish around the end of the year. I hope to finish all the team stats by the end 2009, though it's going to be close.

There is also lots of other stuff.

I hope this helps.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.