Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

What about

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
What about "merger"
Hi Commish,

What is the news about the merger in Japanese baseball?. I'm reading the Central an Pacific is planning to run together the bussines, maybe only one league and every team will play each other (Yomiuri againts Pacific teams, etc.). Is this close?

Enrique Rojas, from Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

Hola Comisionado

Que hay de nuevo acerca de que las ligas de Japón se reduzcan de equipos y se unan en una sola liga. He leido que planean hacer como la MLB que se unió y eliminó varios cargos.También habrían partidos entre los equipos de la Central y Pacifico (Yomiuri contra equipos de la Pacifico,etc). Está eso cerca de pasar?

Enrique Rojas, from Santo Domingo
Comments
Re: What about "merger"
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jul 8, 2004 8:54 AM | YBS Fan ]

That pretty much sums up yesterday's talks.

For more information, there are a number of threads in the "News" section:

Orix and Kintetsu to Merge?
Lotte-Yakult Merger Talks
Players Say Wait, Owners Move Forward
Pacific League Agrees to 28 Protected Players
Internet Company to Buy Buffaloes?

[Not necessarily in chronological order.]

I keep trying to create new threads to talk about specific parts of the merger talks, but most people post only to the first thread.

Nonetheless, the owners are trying to get down to 10 teams by September to go to a single league format next year. And they're doing with against the protest of over 90% of the fans and players. For the first time in Japanese baseball history, a strike looks like the only way to resolve this matter and get the attention of the owners. Players will have the full support of the fans behind such a strike.
[ Author: Guest: Enrique Rojas | Posted: Jul 9, 2004 4:17 AM ]

Thank for news, but don't write words "players strike" again, please.
[ Author: seiyu | Posted: Jul 9, 2004 11:37 PM ]

Enrique, unlike the situation in the US, I fully support the strike by the NPB players. Their union is so week. They have absolutely no say in any decision that is made by the owners.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.